Roasted Cauliflower and Chickpeas with Garlic Cilantro Yogurt
Curry Roasted Cauliflower and Chickpeas with a Garlic Yogurt Sauce may just be my new favorite meatless meal and side dish. It’s so full of flavor and you will be fighting for the last bit of just charred cauliflower and rich, nutty chickpeas.
I am officially obsessed with this dish. Between the roasted cauliflower, which was already one of my favorite things, and the nutty chickpeas and the garlicky yogurt sauce – it’s so good. And it couldn’t be easier since you just throw everything onto a sheet pan and toss it in the oven. I usually serve it on a bed of couscous or brown rice but any hearty grain would work. And if you want something green, it’s pretty delicious with some kale or Swiss chard thrown in the mix as well.
When it comes to serving this dish, one of my favorite ways is on a quickly toasted pita, flatbread, or tortilla with a hearty dose of smashed avocado and lemon. It’s dreamy.
Tips for Making Roasted Cauliflower and Chickpeas with Garlic Yogurt Sauce
- If you have time, make the garlic yogurt sauce ahead of time. The flavors will combine and the sauce will get richer and more garlicky.
- Let the cauliflower cook until it is browned on the edges and beginning to caramelize. This brings out a nutty flavor and is worth the extra time in the oven.
- If you don’t like curry powder, just use a different spice that you do enjoy. Grill seasoning, rosemary, Italian seasoning, lemon pepper, or cajun seasoning would all be delicious.
- This dish can be made with a variety of veggies – try broccoli, carrots, butternut squash, or sweet potatoes. Just make sure to cut the heartier veggies into small chunks so they are fully cooked in the 30 minutes.
Looking for more chickpea recipes?
- Slow Cooker Sweet and Spicy Chickpeas
- Stuffed Sweet Potatoes with Kale and Chickpeas
- Slow Cooker Mediterranean Chickpeas
- Chopped Chickpea Greek Salad
- Chickpea Feta Burgers